The EU funds allocated for Poland for the years 2014–2020 provide micro, small and medium businesses with a great opportunity for development. Under the new budget, we will receive over 100 billion Euro. The new financial perspective for 2014–2020 will involve 6 national and 16 regional programmes. Almost 40 per cent of the funds will be managed at a regional level within Regional Operational Programmes. This new perspective puts a stronger focus on economic development. Innovation is going to be the greatest challenge.
One positive trend is the increase in the activity of Polish business on foreign markets. This calls for actions that will make it easier for SMBs to offer their products and services abroad.
In the new budget period, Regional Operational Programmes will involve actions aiming to:
- increase SMBs’ access to promising markets with exceptional market potential,
- support business environment institutions in activities that facilitate the internationalisation of SMBs,
- develop IT tools that will promote business proposals of entrepreneurs supported by business environment institutions on international markets,
- provide innovative SMBs with specialist advisory services on internationalisation,
- deliver an information campaign promoting international activity among SMBs.